Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Starbucks Glitter Tumbler

So Fridays are my Starbucks days... I figure anything to make the weekend come faster the better. Anyways, as I'm in line I realized that all their Christmas gear was out but there was no sign of the Candy Cane Cold Tumbler. I have seriously been waiting for it all year! So I asked the Barista if she knew if they were getting it in. She said if its out it would only be at certain stores. She suggested I call around. And just that I did.

Seven stores later I found that the Candy Cane did not come out again this year but there was a 3 pack of straws which included a green, red sparkle and... da da da... a candy cane one!!!!!!!! This was perfect because I already had a regular tumbler and now I could just change out the straws whenever I liked!  Mission accomplished.

But I was still a little bumped that it wouldn't have the candy cane holiday theme on the actual tumbler. Then came the idea -- why not make my own design.... and what better than GLITTER! Who doesn't like glitter?!

So here's what I did:

I made sure to buy the tumblers with the two part system.


Using the outside portion of the tumbler, I sprayed the inside with spray adhesive.
  ***Make sure to wrap the outside with either a paper towel or hand towel so the spray doesn't make the outside of the tumbler sticky. I'd also recommend gloves since it got all over my hands and took me a long time to wash off.

Once you spray, pour glitter into the cup right away, cover with towel, and shake. Make sure to get glitter all over the cup.




 I ended up buying more tumblers and straws to make some for Christmas Gifts.


Here 's the finished product:

Happy Crafting!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment