Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Welcome to my twisted yet fabulous life! Being that this is my first entry it only seems fit that I start by explaining the story behind my nick name Kim-nado (as in Tornado).

In the summer of 2008 I went through what most would call my "Party" phase. I had recently broken up with another so called boyfriend (those stories I'll save for later) and was finally single! Time to get Cray! I would go out at least 5 days a week, getting about 3 hours of sleep, waking up... or should I say rolling out of bed and leaving for work with the last night's remnants of make-up. Not to mention the hangovers... eww the hangovers. I'm pretty sure you are picking up what I'm putting down.

Well, one night I went out with some people from work, including my manager, to a night club in downtown Sacramento. To really set the scene lets just say I had a little too much to drink and had boughten a one way ticket on the black out train. LOL! Anyways, as I'm dancing (with my manager) a song came on that apparently I really liked cause I immediately stopped dancing, jumped back, threw my arms up in the air, and screamed "Woooooo! This is my favorite song!!!!!".  Here's where it will all make sense... as I jumped back I tripped a guy walking on the dance floor, who bumped into a girl holding a drink. She spilled her drink on the guy behind her, who then jumped back in shock to only knock into two other girls spilling their drinks on them. All the while, I had no idea what had happened and continued to dance to my alleged favorite song. When my boss told me this story he said "It was like a scene out of a movie. You created a tornado of chaos and kept partying like nothing even happened. You're like a freakin', Kim-Nado".

And so the nickname Kim-nado was born. Even after four years it has still stuck with me. Crazy how time flies. Speaking of time... Here's a little fashion advice. Today while shopping for cleaning supplies at Target I found myself wandering the jewelry section (I have no idea how that happened) and noticed the awesome watch collection. If you don't know, big watches are really in right now. The bigger and blingier the better. But they can be really expensive. So my advice... go for a knock off.

Michael Kors $234.99

 Geneva $21.24
Seriously, who is really gonna read the name on the face plate. You're the one looking at it so why waste all the money for a name?? If you have $200 to spend on a watch, feel free, but in this little twisted life I call "working just to eat", I will go ahead and take the latter.

Thanks for reading and feel free to stop by and "Get Fabulously Twisted" anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment